3.3 Artificial intelligence detects myocardial infarctions in the ECG more reliably than cardiologistsn
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Kardiologie - Herz- und Kreislaufforschung e.V.(DKG) developed an algorithm for machine learning that, with the help of ECG interpretation, can detect a myocardial infarction that has occurred within the last 3 months more reliably than a cardiologist.
- Used deep learning
- Train to answer the following question:
- Is this an ECG of a patient who’s had an Myocardial infarction in the last three months?
- Compared with 9 cardiologist
- algorithm is more reliable
- Explainability of ML prediction was addressed
To better understand how the ML algorithm deducted the prediction a heatmap of the ECG was produced. The red areas show the focus of the ML algorithm.
3.3.1 First in Germany: Artificial intelligence recognizes COVID-19 in clinical routine
Another application using ML in for diagnostic is to detect COVID-19, details can be found at https://www.uniklinikum-jena.de/Uniklinikum+Jena/Aktuelles/Pressemitteilungen/Erstmals+in+Deutschland_+Künstliche+Intelligenz+erkennt+COVID_19+in+der+klinischen+Routine-pos-3-p-24500.html